Time is money, so they say, and I seem to be more on the "money" side of the equation this month. Money to buy gifts for loved ones and strangers, but the act of earning it has left me very short of time for the other important things, like wrapping gifts and writing blog posts. So here's a few quick ideas about using time or money to prepare for Giftmas in all its forms, since few of us have both:
- Wrap presents with string instead of tape. Save some plastic and add a layer of wonder to even the simplest gift.
- Open a bank account for someone who often comes up short.
- Make some wassail to lure in carolers, or show them how it's really done.
- Cash in the change jar for a gift certificate to a restaurant.
- Quit smoking and invest the difference. Next year celebrate the difference in your finances with a big party or a smaller mortgage.
That's it for now, and two of my paid jobs and several people who want me to take on additional volunteer obligations are all awaiting my attention.